Follow
Powered by Burptech - FB Like Box widget

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Back to School!!!

It's been two weeks since I've been back to school, and what two weeks it has been! With new beginnings and new sweet, lil' faces in my classroom, I am so excited for the rest of this year!  And with that being said, here are some of my thoughts so far.

What have been your biggest challenges so far?
My students this year definitely have many wonderful and unique needs with varying ability levels. I know that will require a lot of differentiation in assignments and instruction from me. However, I am excited to meet all of their needs and help each of them succeed to the best of their ability.  

What have been your nicest surprises?
On the first day of school, I asked my students, "What do you hope to learn about this year?"  A student sweetly replied, "I want to learn about God."  A second student then chimed in, "Me too."  This was without a doubt, the sweetest response that I have ever received, and of course melted my heart.

Have you had to quickly change direction just when you thought you had the whole year planned?
I have been so thrilled to discover how wonderful some of my students are reading.  With such strong reading skills already in place, I cannot wait to work with them on their writing and help them to become great writers as they are great readers.

What about back-to-school nights and ideas for getting necessary supplies for your classrooms and kiddos?
The day of Meet-the-Teacher Night is always very hectic and stressful, but I'm so glad that I had my Meet-the-Teacher Night Packet to help me out.  It had everything that I needed to prepare my classroom and organized the supplies.  From the forms to signs to notes, I was relieved to be able to have everything in one file for printing and displaying.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Meet-the-Teacher-Forms-Signs-and-Scavenger-Hunt-1204833

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Meet-the-Teacher-Forms-Signs-and-Scavenger-Hunt-1204833

Do you have a favorite subject or project you're working on?
I have been using an interactive Science Journal that I created for my 1st graders for the past 7 years, and have found much success with it.  Therefore, this summer I created an interactive Math Journal and Math Foldables to meet my students' needs and have begun implementing it in my classroom.  I'm very happy to see that my students are much more engaged and are so thrilled to be lil' mathematicians with their own journals to prove.


http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/1st-Grade-Math-Journal-Foldable-Bundle-1329986
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/1st-Grade-Math-Journal-Foldable-Bundle-1329986
Here are some other new projects that I have completed recently:

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/SCIENCE-TOOLS-10-Signs-Matching-Cards-More-K1st2nd-1419286

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/The-Scientific-Method-1st2nd-Signs-Activities-1428874


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...